School Assembly programs: 45-60 mins. each
Firecracker Dragon: Tales of Old China
When the Chinese first came to California in 1848 to help build the railroads, they naturally brought their stories with them. These folk tales reflect important aspects of Chinese culture. Although hundreds—even thousands—of years old…they are still being told today!
Cuentos del Mundo – Stories of the World
Bilingual program of Latin American tales told in Spanish-English. Excellent for language immersion programs, ESL students, and Hispanic Heritage Month.
Supernatural tales from China, Mexico and the United States (suitable for middle-school and above)
Around the World with Barbara Wong
International folk tales
Here are the Educational Objectives of my storytelling
- Broaden student knowledge of world civilization, history and culture
- Develop Language Arts listening/comprehension skills through exposure to good story structure via folk tales, myths and legends
- Enhance Performing Arts/Theatre skills by modeling solo theatre performance
- Foster appreciation for ethnic/cultural diversity
- Improve student Language Arts skills and Performing Arts/Theatre skills through classroom exercises/activities provided in Post-Assembly Resource Sheets. These can help to further expand student skills in writing, reading, speaking, performing, visualizing, analyzing and summarizing as set forth in the California Standards.